Vegan 40 Minutes Intermediate
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Craving for something hearty and tasty? Our Roasted Cauliflower Steaks are full of flavor and something the whole family can eat. This steak in particular is a vegan alternative to a meat steak. Season with garlic, lemon juice, and add a little red pepper flakes for spice and you’ve got a masterpiece. Also, you can top the steaks with roasted cherry tomatoes which adds the perfect amount of sweetness. You can pair this steak well with roasted potatoes or another vegetable, tofu dishes or stews.
Why Cauliflower? Cauliflower contains 77 percent of vitamin C which is recommended daily and is a great source of protein, vitamin K, fiber, and potassium. There are also digestive benefits received when eating Cauliflower because it contains important sources of dietary fibers for digestive health. Other benefits that come along with eating Cauliflower include a boots in heart health, fights cancer, and plays a role in brain development.
- 1 large head cauliflower, sliced lengthwise through the core into 4 steaks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 case of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place cauliflower steaks on the prepared baking sheet
- Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper in a bowl. Brush ½ of the olive oil mixture over the tops of the cauliflower steaks.
- Roast cauliflower steaks in the preheated oven 15 minutes. Gently turn over each steak and brush with remaining olive oil mixture. Continue roasting until tender and golden, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half and mix in olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes on pan with parchment paper and bake until slightly shriveled