Vegan 30 Minutes
No taco shells? No problem! These bell peppers are stuffed with our favorite BeyondMeat filling. Taco ‘bout a FIESTA-AAAAAAA!
*We primarily used Yves or Beyond Meat brands
**We used Annie’s Ketchup
***We used Follow Your Heart cheese
- 2 tablespoon, avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pack of meatless grounds*
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ketchup** to taste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 bell peppers, cut lengthwise
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese***
- 1 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 400
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in tomato paste, grounds, salt, and pepper. Cook until grounds for 4- 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper. Let simmer until thickened, 4-5 minutes.
- Put bell peppers on a baking dish. Scoop mixture and add to bell peppers and top with cheese. Pour not beef broth or water into baking dish (to help bell peppers steam). Cover dish with foil.
- Bake until bell peppers are softened, about 40 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 2 minutes if cheese needs more time to melt.