Vegan 45 minutes
It doesn’t have to be Cinco de Mayo for you to enjoy this easy, completely vegan nacho recipe. I enjoy this recipe because it makes enough to share. Great for when you invite friends over to watch the game or simply hang out.
For those that like an added spicy kick add jalapenos on top.
- 1 cup water
- 1 15 oz. can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper/salt mix
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 package veggie crumbles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 jalapenos
- ~5 cups of Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- 1 6 oz. can olives
- Generous amount of salsa
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add water, beans, black pepper/salt mix, cilantro to medium-sized skillet.
- Cook until hot (5 to 7 minutes).
- Pour oil into medium sized skillet. Heat oil on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, add veggie crumbles to skillet.
- Sprinkle the veggie crumbles with the chili powder, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, and salt (1 teaspoon).
- Give it a mix and cook until the veggie crumbles is browned, about 5 to 7 minutes. Take off the heat and set aside.
- On an oven-proof plate or baking sheet, add one thin layer of chips. Top with veggie crumbles, beans, olives, vegan cheese, and salsa.
- Bake in oven about 10 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Cut avocado into slices and mash slices.
- Add lime, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and jalapenos to mixture.
- Then mix.