Vegan Pizza Bagels
Vegan 15 minutes
Friday night, game night, any night really, can be a pizza night.
I enjoy this recipe because it’s a great intro to vegetarian/vegan lifestyle. Vegan Pizza Bagels are something familiar that everyone can recognize. Plus, it tastes pretty amazing. Feel free to add more vegetables to your liking just be careful not to have too many toppings.
Comfort food made a little bit healthier courtesy of Veggie Byte!
- 1 Tablespoon Oil (Avocado Oil, suggested)
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon and 2 Pinches of Salt
- 1 Can of Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon Basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Bagels, Sliced in Half
- 1 Handful of Chopped Spinach
- 4 Slices (or 1 Cup Grated) Vegan Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 325 Degrees F
- Pour Oil Into Medium Sized Skillet. Heat on Medium
- Add mushrooms and salt into skillet. Saute mushrooms (mushrooms should turn dark reddish-brown)
- Combine pizza sauce, mushrooms, basil, oregano, black pepper, cayenne pepper
- Spread sauce over each bagel half, and top with cheese and spinach.
- Heat in oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.