Veggie Ground Tacos
Vegan 20 mins
Taco edition 🌮! Tacos aren’t just for Tuesday. Your favorite meals can still be enjoyed on a plant based diet. All you need is a sprinkle of creativity and an open mind. First, we prepared a veggie taco ground with mushrooms. Next we added in tomatoes and salsa. These tacos are complemented by a savory quinoa salad with green beans on the side.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 12 oz pack Grounds (We used Yves)
- 1 pack Taco seasoning (We used Simply Organic)
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced (any kind is fine)
- Pinch salt (optional)
- 4 tortillas
- ½ cup Veggie shredded cheddar cheese (We used Follow Your Heart)
- ½ cup salsa
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium heat. Add veggie grounds to skillet. Stir frequently (~2 minutes).
- Mix taco seasoning contents with ½ cup warm water in a bowl, stir until completely resolved.
- Add taco seasoning water mixture to skillet until mixture boils. Reduce heat and simmer until desired thickness is reached (~ 5 minutes).
- Heat butter or oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and pinch of salt and stir to evenly coat mushrooms with butter or oil. Mushrooms will be sizzling in skillet. Cook mushrooms for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The mushrooms will release their moisture and you may notice a color change and/or a gloss of moisture on mushrooms. Stir until moisture has evaporated and mushrooms have turned a dark reddish-brown color.
- Warm tortillas on stove (directly on flame for 5-10 seconds each side OR in a medium (no oil) stainless steel skillet for 30 seconds each side) on medium heat.
- Enjoy tacos with seasoned veggie grounds, mushrooms, veggie shredded cheese, salsa and your favorite toppings.